Monday, March 4, 2013

Monterey Ranch Baked Chicken

Have you ever seen those packages in the dairy section of the store that have shredded cheese on one side and seasoned bread crumbs on the other?  I had a couple coupons, so I tried them.  We really enjoyed the flavor the seasoning and cheese gave the chicken.  (And I may or may not have tried the cheddar jack & bacon on pork chops.  I had planned to use it on chicken, but how can you go wrong with pork on pork!?!)  They are pricey if you don't have a coupon, and I hated throwing away the unused portion.
 
A couple week's ago, I came across this recipe on Pinterest that used bread crumbs, seasoning and cheese.  What made me like it even more was it was homemade, less expensive, made-to-your-desired portion -- perfect!  Not to mention, my family devoured it!
 

1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, and ranch dressing mix in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Pour the milk into another bowl, then dip the chicken breasts into the milk. Gently press the chicken into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
4. Bake the chicken breasts in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 40 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
 
Recipe source: Allrecipes.  Photo source: Bing -- This picture looked closest to the real thing since I didn't take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment