Monday, March 25, 2013

Pumpkin Chip Mini Muffins

A box of spice cake mix has been lurking in my pantry for a while now.  Unfortunately, I can't remember why I bought it!  So off I went to Allrecipes.com.  I saw a recipe for pumpkin chip mini muffins that sounded good.  Friends of mine from college raved about their pumpkin chip cookie recipe, but the comments I read on other recipes that used the cake mix for cookies, said they were very cake like and not the greatest.  So I decided to stick with the muffins.  Glad I did.  They turned out yummy!
 

Pumpkin Chip Mini Muffins

1 box spice cake mix
1 - 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix spice cake mix, pumpkin and egg until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Line mini muffin pan with paper liners or spray lightly with cooking spray.  Scoop in a tablespoon of muffin mix into mini muffin pans.  Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick.

Yield: 36 mini muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment