Sunday, March 10, 2013

Apple Fritter Cake

I don't like to post a lot of dessert recipes, but it's been bugging me that I haven't been posting ANY recipes lately . . . SO dessert recipe it is.  Well, I guess I could say it's a breakfast recipe.  It was breakfast for the college class this week!  It received rave reviews, so I'll share it.



Since this blogger does such a great job showing and describing the steps, I'll just link you to the recipe.

Apple Fritter Cake

As always, I have a comment or two.  This cake batter is VERY thick and difficult to spread.  I added another 1/2 cup of applesauce to make it a little more spreadable.  (I was in a hurry, so maybe I did something wrong.  You can try as written, and when you get to the "spreading" part, you can make your own decision.)  Also, make the glaze thick or possibly add a layer of glaze, let it set and add another layer.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be adding this to my "fall baking line-up", Janelle! I miss the College Sunday School Class, but it feels to good to finish my degree and move back home.

    ReplyDelete