Saturday, December 17, 2011

BLT Chicken Salad

One of my favorite flavor combos is Bacon - Chicken - Ranch.  Adding Salad makes me think it's a healthy combination.  Proabably not, but I will keep telling myself it is.

My friend shared this recipe with me.  Unfortunately, I never got around to making it, but my Mother-in-Law did.  She's made it a couple times, and it's YUMMY!  (Speaking of yummy, have you ever had warm bacon dressing?  Talk about to die for! Oh, my.  I'd love to have a recipe to make it myself; although, again, I'm sure it wouldn't be healthy.)


BLT Chicken Salad

1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 cups torn salad greens
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced


1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well.


2. Cover and refrigerate until serving.

3. Place salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs. Drizzle with dressing.
 
Recipe came from Allrecipes.com and photo was found online also.

No comments:

Post a Comment