Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ho-Ho Cake

Don't have time for much chit-chat, so I'll get right to the point.  This recipe is good!  It's been requested that I share this recipe, so I will happily do that.  ENJOY!

Oh, and PS.  This isn't healthy, just yummy!! =D


Ho-Ho Cake

1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1 sm box instant pudding
4 eggs
1 1/4 c water
1/2 c oil

Baked in greased and floured 10x15-inch pan at 350 degress for 30 minutes.

(I used chocolate pudding since I had it on hand. If you'd like a little less chocolatey flavor, use vanilla pudding.)

Cream Filling

1/2 c Crisco
1/2 c butter
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix well then add 3 c powdered sugar.  Beat 10 minutes.  Spread icing on cake.  Refrigerate 1 - 2 hours.

Frosting

1/2 c cocoa
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 c powdered sugar

Notes:  I have seen this recipe with two 9-inch round cakes with the Cream Filling layed on thick in the middle.  Eh. That would lose the Ho-Ho-ness of the cake.  LOVE the sheet cake idea way better.  Secondly, I've heard you can also soften a can of chocolate frosting in the microwave instead of the Frosting recipe listed above.  I messed up my first frosting (forgot to melt the butter), so I can't really say it is fool-proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment