Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate Banana Bread

I found this recipe a couple years ago on Allrecipes.com. I love it because it's moist -- doesn't hurt that it's also DeLiCiOuS! Both the banana and chocolate flavors come out and blend nicely. Today, I made it with mini chocolate chips as a reviewer had suggested since I had them in the cupboard. I liked the smaller amounts of chocolate distributed throughout, but if you are a chocolate lover, you may want to use regular chocolate chips or chunks! I wanted to make it in a budnt pan as another reviewer had suggested, but it took too long to bake for the amount of time I had available. However, I will definitely try it some day! (Bundt cake takes an additional 15 minutes.)


Chocolate Banana Bread

1 cup margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar (optional 1 1/2 cups)
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup lite sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.

2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

Recipe from Allrecipes.com. Photo shows mini chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment