The original recipe is my grandma's Peach Dessert. Same concept but using canned peaches instead of the strawberries. Canned peaches are good when strawberries are out of season. She made her dessert in a 9x13 pan and laid the peach slices in three long rows on the top. (You will need 1 large can of sliced peaches. Drain then slice peaches length-wise once or twice depending on the thickness. You can also dice the peaches if you prefer.) I make my dessert in a triffle dish or a smaller version in a glass bowl. It has a beautiful presentation.
Large angel food cake
Large box vanilla pudding (plus ingredients on box: milk)
Tub of frozen whipped topping, thawed
Quart of fresh strawberries
1. Mix pudding according to box directions. Wash, hull and slice/chop strawberries.
2. Break up 1/2 the angel food cake and layer it in serving dish.
3. Spoon 1/2 of the pudding over the cake and spread to edges.
4. Spoon 1/2 of the whipped topping over the pudding and spread to edges.
5. Repeat layers. Chill before serving.
Two other varieties that I think might be good to try are:
~ Substituting chocolate pudding for the vanilla with the strawberries, and