4 large Idaho potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2. Scrub potatoes and set aside. (Choose nice potatoes because they don't bake as well if you have to cut out bad spots.)
3. Place butter on a cookie sheet or in a microwavable bowl. Melt butter. (I usually use the cookie sheet to save on dishes and just place it in the preheating oven.)
4. Add Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and garlic powder to butter and mix into a 'paste'.
5. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
6. Score potatoes with a fork (optional - my MIL says it helps the potato hold the topping on better -- eeh?? not so sure. I have done it with and without scoring and haven't noticed a difference.)
7. Dip potatoes in cheese mixture to coat. (I kinda just smear them in the mixture on the cookie sheet. You could also scoop the mixture up with a fork and smear it on the potato.) Place on cookie sheet cut side down.
8. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until tender when pricked with a fork (may take longer for thicker potatoes). Serve warm.