Sunday, January 3, 2010

Apple Dumplings

This recipe was given to me by a friend tonight. It was so good I had to make it this week's post . . . my 8 year old helped me and had a great time!



Apple Dumplings

4 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
2 - 10 oz package crescent rolls
1/2 c butter
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 - 12 oz can Mountain Dew

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
2. Roll each apple wedge in a dough triangle staring with the smallest edge. Pinch to seal and place in baking dish.
3. Melt butter in saucepan and stir in sugar. (I learned you have to do this a little at a time.) Cook until well blended, stirring constantly. (Mixture will be thick. It turns brown and ends up looking like brown sugar if you cook it too much -- ask me how I know!?!) Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
4. Pour over apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew over dumplings.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Notes: We don't "dew" Mountain Dew, so I used Sierra Mist that I had setting around -- it turned out great. I also made half a recipe. The measurements are as follows:

2 apples
1 package crescent rolls
1/4 c. butter
6 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 can (3/4 c) Mountain Dew

Used an 8x8 square baking dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment