Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hearty Breakfast

First of all, I apologize for not posting recipes for such a long time.  I honestly hadn't realize it had been that long . . .
 
This week, I decided do something special for Valentine's Day.  The kids really enjoyed it, and it wasn't too difficult.  Here's a picture of our breakfast.
 
 
Heart-shaped Bacon
 
Instructions: Fold bacon into a heart shape.  Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 18 mintues.
 
 
Heart Pancakes

I found this recipe here.  I adapted it a little bit since I didn't have a squeeze bottle.

Instructions:  Make your favorite pancake batter and heat your griddle.  Seperate about 1/3 of the batter and add pink or red food coloring.  Place the colored batter in a squeeze bottle or in a resealable bag and clip off a small corner of the bag. (NOTE: Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.) Pour the non-colored batter onto the griddle to form a pancake as normal.  Fairly quickly "draw" a heart on the top of the poured pancake.  Flip carefully when ready. Serve and enjoy!
 

It was a little tricky to flip the pancake without smearing the heart design.  Next time I might try drawing the heart first and pouring the other batter on top.  My 5 year old was slightly confused.  He asked if I had put icing on the pancakes and then cooked it.  He kept trying to figure out how I made them.  I finally had to show him the bowls I mixed the batter in before he understood.  He was too cute.

This is another idea I found . . . if you follow this link, you'll find some pretty amazing breakfast ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment