Friday, January 27, 2012

Cheesy Bacon Potato Rounds

So I've found Pinterest.  Those of you that know what that is . . . nuff said.  For those of you that don't, check it out online.

I found this recipe a couple days ago and decided to pair it up with BBQ Ribs and Herbed Corn with Mini Cinnamon Rolls for dessert.  Kinda wished I would have made a salad for some light freshness, but this was BY FAR one of the best meals I've eaten in a while -- partially because of the ribs which I will share as well. Later.

I will put my notes in italics next to the original recipe since I took a few short cuts.


Cheesy Bacon Potato Rounds

4 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices (cut slightly thinner -- heavy 1/4")
1/4 cup melted butter (spray butter)
8 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled (bacon bits)
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (colby jack)
1/2 cup chopped green onions (optional - only hubby does onions)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Brush both side of potato slices with butter. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. (season with salt and pepper)

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once. (baked 20-25 minutes on stoneware, no turning, fork tender)

When potatoes are ready, top with bacon, cheese, and green onion; continue baking until the cheese has melted.

Photo from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment