Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Potatoes with {AwEsOmE} Sauce

Found this in my draft folder -- oops!  Guess I never posted it.  Enjoy!

This recipe is going to come with a disclaimer!  You will have to excuse my ignorance because I don't know exactly what kind of potatoes to tell you I used when making this dish. 

We have a local farmer that brings his leftover produce to church on Sunday for everyone to take what they'd like.  A couple weeks ago, I picked up this small container of tiny potatoes -- all smaller than golf balls.  They looked like these:



To say my hubby loves potatoes is a understatement.  I thought it would be nice to try something new.  So I searched on Allrecipes.com for a new recipe.  Here's what I found.  I didn't have or use capers, hence the new name.



New Potatoes with {AwEsOmE} Sauce
(to search for it on Allrecipes, look for New Potatoes with Caper Sauce)
12 small new potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons capers, chopped
1 tablespoon minced green onion
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1.Combine the softened butter, capers, green onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.

2.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. If potatoes are large, cut into halves or quarters. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.

3.Add the caper sauce to the pot of drained potatoes and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Yield: 4 servings

Trying to remember back, but I think someone mentioned in a review that they used red potatoes and just quartered them.  I'm going to make this again soon.  My family asked a couple times if there were leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment