Sunday, October 2, 2011

Black Bean Salsa

We always seem to be making food to eat while watching the Steelers games.  I get tired of the same ole, so I'm going to start making new recipes.  This week I made Black Bean Salsa.  As usual, I'm going to make some changes.  I will drain at least one of the cans of tomatoes if not both to make the salsa less runny.  (I also chopped them up a little as we don't like big chunks of tomato.)  I did not add jalapenos, but probably would add a little (we're "mild" people around here but a little kick would be good).  This time I used a can of diced tomato with green peppers.  Think 8 oz of Italian dressing is a bit much also.  Love the sweetness that the shoepeg corn gives!


Black Bean Salsa

1 can Bush's Seasoned Recipe Black Beans, drained but not rinsed
1 can white shoepeg corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, oregano flavoring
1 can diced tomatoes
8 oz Italian dressing
Chopped onion to taste
Chopped jalapeno to taste
Tortilla chips

Mix all ingredients together and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 1/2 hours.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Would guess this recipe makes about 5 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment