Monday, October 11, 2010

Pasta e Fagioli

Pasta e Fagioli (otherwise known as "pasta & beans") is a tasty soup. A few years back I had this soup and fell in love with it. I searched my fail-safe website, Allrecipes.com. I took a couple ideas from a few of the recipes I found and made a few additions of my own . . . thus this recipe. This recipe does include chicken. I think Olive Garden's Pasta e Fegioli includes beef.

Pasta e Fagioli

2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (20 oz) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
2 c diced chicken
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbs dried or 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 lb ditalini pasta
Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Marinate tomatoes, chicken, chick peas, parsley and pepper overnight (0r at least 1 hour).

2. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Add marinated mixture (or ingredients listed in step 1 if choose not to marinate) and bring to boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for approximately 1 minute and then let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.

4. Add pasta to pot and simmer approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment