Monday, September 13, 2010

Kavatini

UPDATE: I have a picture!! Albeit in a leftover container, but it is a picture none the less. ENJOY!

Well, I guess I'm going to have to lump it because I definitely don't like it. Life has been a little crazy, so I'm a little behind on posting. AND I don't have a picture for this post!! You will just have to trust me when I say this is a good recipe. Kavatini (pronounced ca-va-teeny) is similar to lasagna. To me, it's a little easier and a nice change up from the same ole.

Kavatini

1 - 16 oz box pasta trio
2 - 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 - 16 oz container cottage cheese or ricotta
1 tbs dried oregano
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 pkg sliced pepperoni
3 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese blend

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Mix container of cottage cheese, oregano, parmesan cheese and egg in a large bowl.

2. In a 9"x13" pan, spread 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Layer 1/2 of the pasta, sauce, pepperoni, cottage cheese mixture and 1 c. shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Top with last cup of shredded cheese and some additional parmesan cheese.

3. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes until bubbly. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.

Note: If you cannot find a pasta trio, use a combination of pasta such as ziti, rotelle and seashells.

No comments:

Post a Comment