Monday, August 30, 2010

Cheesy Zucchini Bake

I know gardening season is almost over, but this is well worth a trip to the grocery store and paying every penny they are [over]charging for the veggies. A friend gave me some zucchini, squash & tomatoes a couple weeks ago. As my kids would say "I'm not a big fan of zucchini & squash." I've sauted the zucchini & sqaush before with seasonings but it was only okay. So I decided to go to the trusty Allrecipes.com and typed in the ingredients I had on hand. Thus . . .

Cheesy Zucchini Bake

2 medium tomatoes, sliced and quartered
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 small yellow squash, sliced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded monterrey-jack cheese, divided
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 bread crumbs

1. In a large bowl, lightly stir zucchini, squash, tomatoes, seasonings and 1/2 cup of monterrey-jack cheese. Pour into greased, 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
2. Top with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until veggies are fork-tender.
4. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 5 minutes.

Serves: 6

I've typed it up how I made it. Hey, rules were meant to be broken, right?!? If you'd like to see the original recipe, click here. The photo is from http://www.allrecipes.com/ because my hubby snagged his work laptop and my photo of this recipe is on the laptop. A side note: I made this once with yellow tomatoes -- not the same result. I much rather have the red tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment