Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baked Beans

I don't know why baked beans only get a spotlight during the summer picnic season. They make the house smell so good while baking and taste so wonderful -- especially this recipe! My friend shared her recipe with me, so I thought I'd share it with you instead of depriving you of such wonderful goodness! Thanks, V!


Baked Beans

1 small onion, diced
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 can kidney beans
1 can pork n beans
1 can butter beans

1. Brown beef, bacon and onion in a skillet; drain.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
3. Place in oven-safe dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

Note: You can add an additional cans of beans to get more volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment