Since I didn't get back to add more side dishes last week, I will post them as this week's recipe. The first is a simple, delicious way to make sweet potatoes. The second is my grandma's recipe which is a different take on cranberry sauce.
Sweet Potato Casserole
3 baked sweet potatoes or 2 small cans canned sweet potato
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbs butter / margarine
1/4 tsp salt
2. Pour into greased casserole dish.
3. Topping: Melt butter. Mix in remaining topping ingredients and spread over potato mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This recipe can easily be doubled in a 9x13 inch pan. Cooking time should remain about the same.
The picture was taken off the internet. Recipe by Maggie Barnhouse.
1 - 6 oz pkg raspberry gelatin
1 3/4 c boiling water
1 - 20 oz can crushed pineapple
1 - 16 oz can whole cranberry sauce
1 c sour cream
1. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
2. Add undrained pineapple and cranberry sauce stirring unti cranberry sauce melts
3. Chill in refrigerator unti partially set.
4. Pour half of mixture into a 6 1/2 cup ring mold (or a large serving dish).
5. Chill until firm leaving other half at room-temperature.
6. Stir sour cream and spread on firm, chilled layer.
7. Pour remaining gelatin mixture on top of sour cream layer.
8 Chill to set. Serve cold.