Saturday, December 8, 2012

Grilled Mozzarella Cheese Sandwich

This is one of those instances where you say, "Why didn't I think of that?"  I came across this idea on Pinterest a while back.  The novelty has worn off a little, but the kids and I were eating it a couple times a week for lunch after we learned about it.
 
Grilled Cheese . . . using Mozzarella cheese (or provolone, which is our preference) . . . served with a side of marinara sauce.  {sigh}  HELLO!!! It's amazing!
 
Here's a side bar:  I just went on the assumption that the recipe said, "make grilled cheese sandwich the original way but use mozzarella."  Well, Martha Stewart has her own high-calorie, high-fat version of the Grilled Mozzarella Cheese sandwich.  I'm sure it tastes great if you can afford buffalo mozzarella and all the other ingredients, but the cheese we use from the local discount store works just as well also.  I've also seen recipes that include tomato and basil, pesto or spinach as a combo with the mozzarella if you want to try something a little more extravagant.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment