Monday, November 19, 2012

Creamy Garlic Pasta

I've never had this pasta from Olive Garden, but I've heard this recipe is just as delicious!  I believe it's served with Italian sausage, but we used it as a side dish with grilled pork chops (if I remember correctly).
 
My tips:  I used roasted garlic (that I make myself).  You can cut down the olive oil and just diffuse your butter with the roasted garlic.  (Did you know that adding oil to butter in a pan will help keep the butter from burning?)  And I add a little extra chicken broth to thin it out just before serving because it thickens up more than I prefer.  I've also learned you have to cover the pan while cooking the noodles because the broth doesn't cover the pasta well enough to cook thoroughly.  I might also add . . . it's not as good reheated.
 
One of my latest Pinterest finds . . . ENJOY!
 

Creamy Garlic Pasta

2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
½ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta (I use angel hair)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup heavy cream (I use 2% milk or skim)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I used 1 Tsp dry parsley)
 
In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil.
 
Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Serve immediately.

For a direct link to the recipe, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment