Sunday, March 4, 2012

Roasted Garlic Broccoli

Broccoli:  I can take it or leave it.  Strangely enough there are quite a few things that go through my mind when I think of broccoli -- hearing it called "trees" as a kid, hearing in the news "it's good for you", hearing in the news "it's not as good for you as we first thought" and the first time I had broccoli crunch salad in PA.  Wow, is that stuff good.  Probably not as good for you with all the mayo and bacon you have to put in it to taste good, but I digress.

A couple weeks ago, we went to some friends' house for dinner.  The hostess served roasted broccoli with garlic.  I loved it.  Actually I think I pretty much ate the whole bowl-ful since no one else liked broccoli and ate the other veggie!


Roasted Garlic Broccoli

2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and black pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, toss broccoli florets with the extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic. Spread the broccoli out in an even layer on a baking sheet.

3. Bake in the preheated oven until florets are tender enough to pierce the stems with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and transfer to a serving platter.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO making this. I even have a head of broccoli in the frig to use! (i'm halving the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete