Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lysa TerKeurst - Focus On The Family

Ten minutes into this broadcast, I knew I had to share this with every mom I know. I was comforted. I laughed. I cried. I hope you have a few minutes to listen to this!

Author Lysa TerKeurst offers advice to moms who struggle with a sense of failure, encouraging them to relax, relinquish their guilt and rely on God for guidance.

(I cannot get the direct link to work.) Go to Focus On The Family. Click on "Today's Broadcast: Listen Now". Go to the Date tab. Search for 2/15/11. Look for Mommy Stress: Finding Peace in Your Parenting Journey.

A couple quotes that stuck with me:

"You're not a bad mom. You might have had a bad moment, but you're not a bad mom."

"We moms sometimes build the stability of our identity on the fragile choices of our children."

"Be courageous enough to let me [God] write their [your child's] testimony."

Lysa has also written books. One book they mention in the broadcast is "Am I Messing Up My Kids . . . and Other Questions Every Mom Asks." Available here: http://family.christianbook.com/am-i-messing-up-my-kids/lysa-terkeurst/9780736928663/pd/928663?p=1146347&event=ORC

No comments:

Post a Comment