Sunday, September 20, 2009

Welcome

Many times over the last few years I have felt overwhelmed and discouraged. Whether it was because I have a full plate with the kids, laundry, cooking, cleaning or my marriage relationship. Life can be challenging physically, mentally and spiritually.

The challenge of getting a decent dinner on the table, keeping my kids from aggrivating each other to death, maintaining my relationship with the Lord, keeping a clean house or doing laundy and managing to put it away before it's time to do laundry again can be very stressful! Over the last year, the Lord has allowed me to see that many other women face the same struggles that I face. Not only has that made me realize I am normal, but I now know that others are feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. I know that we "can do all things through Christ," but having a little help and support while we are on this earth can be a great encouragement.

All that to say, I am going to start a group at Slippery Rock Baptist Church called Titus Two based on Titus 2:3-5. We will meet the second Friday of every other month at 6:30 pm. We will have guest speakers that will address topics such as the husband/wife relationship, child rearing, and being keepers of the home leaving time for questions & answers at the end. I also hope to have time for open discussion on whatever topic the guests request -- "How do I get my kids to sleep through the night?" -- "What are some good, quick meal ideas?" -- "What can I do to get some quite time with my husband?" Prayerfully, we will form a network of younger and older ladies in the church that will be a help and an encouragement to each other.

We will meet at a different person's home each meeting. We will ask everyone to bring an appetizer or dessert if you can. The hostess will provide the beverage. A sign-up sheet will be posted on the bulletin board at church. Please sign up by the Wednesday before the meeting. Please be considerate and call the hostess or myself and let us know if you are unable to attend especially if you signed up to bring something. These meetings will be for women only, and we ask that you find someone to watch your children. The only exception is for very newborn babies that are nursing, mostly sleep and will not be a disruption. If you would like to come and do not have anyone to watch your child(ren), please contact me. We want everyone to be able to attend.

If you have any questions or have any suggestions, please leave a comment or email me at lottewl@juno.com.

Looking forward to what the Lord will do through us!
janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment